embroidered mask

May Morris Mask

Leave a comment
finished projects

I made this embroidered mask for my aunt Nancy. The flower is done with vintage fake silk embroidery floss and the leaves are with regular DMC cotton. The pattern is adapted from a May Morris embroidered fire screen.

The card in the background is from a pressed flower notecard tutorial I put together for the #stayconnected series at work.

Posted by

I'm a dye hard fan of textile history and come from a family of crafters. I'm interested in learning more about embroidery by trying out age old techniques with a contemporary twist. I hope you enjoy looking through my projects and that they inspire you to give stitching a try!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s